Tuesday 11 September 2012

Pink hair, don't care! Manic Panic VS Directions!

Hello there beautiful! 
I am here with a comparison between two extreme colour hair dyes, 'Manic Panic' and 'Directions'.
So this is my story... looking for a semi permanent pink dye to use for the ends of my hair, I took a trip to Camden and eventually found the much raved about brand 'Manic Panic' in Cyberdog. I bought the Amplified (supposedly better, stronger and longer lasting than the original) version of 'Cotton Candy Pink'. 
£12, Cyberdog
OR purchase from - http://www.manicpanic.com/

So, I got home and tried this baby out... these are the results.


But sadly, with noticeable fading from just 1+ days of being done, I wasn't too pleased with the lasting power of this dye, especially since it had taken nearly the WHOLE tub to do what you can see there.

So... on my A level results day I bumped into a girl which I speak to occasionally, and she really loved my hair. Being a bright hair colour fanatic herself, she suggested I try 'Directions', and told me where in the area I could get some, which I was delighted with as I am unable to order online. So, one day I took a trip to a hair shop called 'Paks' and picked up a tub in 'Flamingo pink' and 'Lavender'.

£3 each, Paks

I did my ends again with this pink, but faded it into my hair with lavender.. these were the results...


I really liked how this turned out, and the pink was so bright and vibrant! 
I know that this is mainly due to the shade difference chosen and not entirely the brand, but I couldn't help but notice the 'directions' did a much better job at covering all the hair and leaving no strand untouched. This colour stayed in for what seemed like an age, and it even possessed me to do this....


Yep, I had a YOLO moment...
and I did ALL that using still just the ONE pot of directions flamingo pink I had originally bought, and I STILL have a tonne left! 
I couldn't be happier with the directions dye.. it has lasted me an absolute AGE whereas the Manic Panic was a complete waste of money in my opinion. 
Also, unlike the Manic Panic, it eventually faded nicely and evenly...

And it came out enough to go to sixth form with a few really good washes! 
But did leave me with a few really lovely pink tones highlights hehe.


SO, HOPE YOU'RE STILL AWAKE AFTER THIS MAMMOTH POST....
:D
if you're looking for a good coloured semi dye... you have my recommendation! 


MWAH, BYE!! xxxx














6 comments:

  1. this was so helpful! right now im using splat (which REALLY sucks) and i was going to try out manic panic but the results you got with it are the same as what i'm getting with splat :/ so i'll be sure to check out directions, super excited! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww i'm glad I could help you out!!
      yeah defo check out directions, i'm sure it will look awesome :D xx

      Delete
    2. This really makes me want to dye my hair pink! I used to use Directions Pillarbox Red when I had bright red hair, and much prefer the brand to Manic Panic, which I've tried as well. x

      Delete
    3. haha i would say go for it!! i loved having the pink hair :D
      and yes the difference in quality considering the difference in price is unbelievable!! x

      Delete
  2. How long exactly did the Directions last? I want the dye to last more than a day but not too long, and I'm currently scouring the internet for the best option, haha. The all pink hair looks gorgeous by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the directions went from hot pink to completely gone in approximately two weeks with washing every other day :)
      and thank you soo much!! :) xxx

      Delete